- Putting away.
- Dishes, lids and plates. Store them vertically, but in order to preventing them from slipping, simply lay out or bond a piece of non-skid mat on the shelf (with an adhesive double faces : they will remain vertically, leaning ones against the others.
- Large lids of pans or plates. If you want to store them in a cabinet, put them upright, preventing from sliding with a non-skid mat, or by installing two or three half 3 mm plywood panels. that will keep them upright.
- Individual storage under shelf. uitable for a large inox plate.
- Put away large pans. Stacking them at an angle gives the advantage of choosing more easily the ustensil we want, just by removing with one hand those weighing on. However, a piece of wood or else is necessary to maintain the first pan.
Hooking pot lids on the wall. Waiting to find a suitable model in a shop, enjoy making my suspension: use a rather strong wire (kind of plastified iron hanger, or umbrella ribs), with about unfolded lengths from 20 to 40cm. bend both ends, one to form a open hook that may hold the lid button. At the other end, the curve will be smaller and shut to receive a ring that will be hooked to the wall. Make three hooks for the more common lids, that overlapping each other. the stems must remain independent. Aesthetics is significant, tries to give a pleasant bent form to your stems (in S shape or with angles) and finishes the hooks with a small ball (pearl, wood, plastic).
Cups. Pile up them by three or four in a plastic tube cut out with a slot to let pass the handles. do not put them too high to avoid a possible rocking. This tube can be a plastic bottle of water or milk, a tennis balls tube, a whisky one (right)..
To stack the cups if they have a diameter greater than the case used, slit and cut out also the bottom, but you will have to paste a board, or place a strong elastic at the bottom to hold the last cup.
- Decorative storage area to hide with simple and convenient access all the storage you want to remove, while having easy access. Cloths, shoes,
crafts, household products. In hallways, laundry rooms..
see deco 2.
- Fold easily shirts, sweatshirts, T-shirts, pajamas. In the suitcase but also at home. These clothing so folded quickly and easily, can be worn without ironing while arriving on vacation. Moms and sales representatives will be happy. to know more
- Small pockets. Cut off the top of the large wide tubes (sunscreen, beauty), put a plate of double-sided adhesive on one side, near the opening and paste inside the bathroom cabinet, medicine .. (crayons make-up, small scissors, comb ...
- Freezing bags ; to gather small equipment (buttons, seeds, screw, articles of sewing... the shrinkable film is less known, but also practical to gather screw, buttons, small bulbs. Others possibilities, photo films boxes..
- Assemble together the hangers. For models with clip (trousers and skirts), used in clothes shops. see " Rangement
The hanger 2 is pinched on the 1, 3 on 2 etc.
Especially useful for the suitcase ot travel bag.
- Shoes storage hanger. store them too into a plastic compartment for shoes which is hung in the wall cupboard : ours is made up of 9 double cases ; 1,5 m in height and 12/15 cm broad depending to shoes (a pair per level). Useful for usual shoes, in complement of the other storage. Can be made with fabric (if you cannot find it in shops) : a 30/35 cm broad stiff central band and 150 cm high on which one sews 8 or 9 cases (pouches) on each side (like certain cases in fabric for toilet paper). A hook fixed at the top allows to hang it on the rod, like a clothes hanger.
- Make a flat tie with a bag to store (plastic or paper). Fold the bag to form a band of a few centimeters accordind to its size. then make cautiously the classical tie (but flat) that gives the five sides pentagone, useful to cut in five or draw a Christmas star ! size can be writen on (picture).
- Quick folding shirt/ chemise/ t-shirt/ sweat/ at home, hotel or in the suitcase to know more . Used at home and at each trip. Limits the wrinkles and allow to wear them without ironing or a light one.
Holder for belts and accessories. See left hand column Hooking pot lids on the wall The belts are hooked by the buckle.
- Rod and suspension by hooks. One (old) curtain rod driven by cords (with casters) makes the deal. Suspend it by its both ends in the garage or cabinet (according to the case, seal plugs). Make hooks (large wire, umbrella ribs parasol) or use cords (it is less better) ; hang there all the small stuff, wires coiled, clothes, usual tools. This principle is used in museums or galleries to hang the masterpieces !!
- Coils of rope, wires or extension cords. We spend sometimes a lot of time to unravel what has been wound on a reel or a cardboard. Here is what I generally do. The first point is to attach one end by a single node (loop). This set the first end. Then continue to roll (red arrow) around the fingers, palm, or between the hand. (thumb) and the elbow depending on the size of the loop you want. Leave a good length free at the end and start to wrap it around the coil, then tie as at the beginning.
- Boxes cardboard storage for small products (bathroom, cables, bulbs, taken élecriques, Christmas decorations ..): a cardboard, "fountain of wine", you see, these cartons of wine containing a plastic bag and a tap. So if you drink wine, no problem, keep in several because they are very rigid, otherwise ask a friend or neighbor. We can decorate them by gluing paper over fantasy. On right hand, used in the bathroom. Click to see it covered in fancy paper.
- Brooms. They should be suspended or placed an airhead to not crush the hair or fibers. I use a cubic element that can hold both vertically, each in its place, more than enough. It is placed in a closet wall or in a corner, brooms head in the air is not very aesthetic. Super in a garage (my case), laundry, storage room..
Thinners like mineral spirits, acetone, trichlorethylene substitute (see below). Be cautious with acetone, very aggressive, that dissolve the dry paint, some plastics, modern oil cloth colors (painted plastic that has nothing to do with the quality of a real oil cloth). Tests to be done before on a hidden area for your beautiful gear can remain marked for life. Polishing, however, can reduce the damage. For cleaning and dilution of paintings, also use the CR 10 or CR 180, less known (DIY stores), also sold under the single name of paint thinner. There is a thinner that can be rinsed with water called "Corona, pleasant and convenient, it is more expensive and is not sold everywhere. So are the now all the substitutes.
The substitute of trichlorethylene is given for fabrics and metals. (the label read : proteins stains : milk, cream-coloured, blood, urine, sweat, vomits) vegetable spots (chocolate, coffee, tea, wine, alcohol, mud, fruits, grass, plants) various spots (tar, dirty oil, fuel oil, waxing, beauty products lipstick). Well, it is to be seen ! the gasoline C (note: "dry" grease-remover : butter, grease, oils, sauces, small parts mechanics, clothing - under-arm jackets) and with the gasoline terpentine ("fat "and strong odor);
Products : for coffee, jam, food, begin to water. For wine, Never salt ! use white wine or alcohol at 70/90 ° (alcohol dissolved alcohol!). Also for red fruits, blood.
The fat dissolved fat ! so, the butter, grease or oil (including the engine one), dissolve the fatty stains, but you need after remove the fat with a solvent : soaking a cloth with water, warm or hot, liquid soap, washing machine and dishwasher liquid or powder (the more aggressive).
Alternatively, "saponin", soap made from a plant that have the same name is fairly effective.
Caution to dyeing craft, which are well cleaned, but can be bleached. By Mail or phone.
Without any advertising from me. Information updated by Julia who wrote: I quote "I think it worth to update your site, because products have
become very good as rare : they have changed address: it is now the Ets Cochet - Diamond. Their phone number has not changed: 01 45 98 92 52 and email is Cochet @ club-internet.fr. "
I have yet again informed her for the risk of discoloration.
This advice apply to almost all products a bit strong.
Other ways. Melting, or hardening
the stain or the product (
Cleaning handyman-gluer's hands : I use the common liquid laundry for washing machine, diluted to half of water, and recently, the
soap liquid. It even cleans glue "epoxy" fresh. One can also use the saponin, a soap called "plant" brand "saponin" quoted
- Washing the curtains with their hooks : see domestic appliances/machines (to be placed after "cleaning")
- To scrape out : for significant work, it will be necessary to start with an old large ladle (soup, or smaller for sauce, will make the deal). A small triangular ladle for sauce (without the handle cut) would suit to clean the lawn mower
, just as a small size brick trowel, with round end (to grind if necessary).
The ladle is useful to remove the coal remainder of the barbecue.
- To remove water, wine, oil, spilled;
use a kitchen shovel, a small brush and a basin: collect most of a liquid reversed with a shovel, by constantly gathering the puddle pool
with the small brush; it is much faster than to sponge and it is prevented a little that it is spread out more. To finish with the
floorcloth or sponge. On the work board or the table, a metal spatula of kitchen bent out will also make the deal (well flat moves it, plated on surface to be cleaned,
or pushes the liquid on the spatule (with another spatula, knife, palm of your hand...).
See also physical, " surface tension "
- Pair of tongs ;to clean certain places in hollow, such as peep holes in masonry, difficult corners of access, bas of tubes, it does not exist nothing handful ; you can use a tong out of wooden like those to take out olives/gherkin in great model, or manufacture it out of metal with a rib of umbrella/parasol. It will be useful to you if you excavate sometimes from your dustbin, or to catch something that has been fallen down behind/ under a cupboard.
- To scrap out. (sink drain hole) To clean the drain of a sink, use a hook long enough you have made up (see the early "material recovery"). To complete the work, unscrew the bottom of the siphon is below (first place a bowl underneath). A brush also allows a good cleaning.
For scraping the bottom of a hole, a ladle can be useful. Or a hollow plastic coat hanger. Use a ladle to remove the residues of coal in a barbecue (cut the handle) ; a small mason's round trowel suits well too. For deep holes, think of the wooden handle broom) that lengthen when those tools.
An electric tooth brush is very practical for cleaning around of a tap, the drain (even inside), glasses (branches, nose pads) ; you can even put toothpaste ! I see you
quivering : with an old brush dedicated for this use of course !!
- CDROM ; a small paperboard pocket of CDROM can be useful to collect what you want, dirtiness, screw, seeds : open the pocket while pressing on the sides.
- Vacuum ; for the delicate cleaning, frailty lacquers, racks of glass and "sensitive" objects, slip up a skintight at the top of the round brush or around an end which you will manufacture yourself with a pipe cut in skew. Hold the skintight well or better cut it and fix it with a rubber band or a strap. Reduce consequently the power.
Vacuum power station ; may be you are thinking at this system which makes it possible to connect the pipe on wall plugs holes instead of trailing the vacuum cleaner? it is not without disadvantage ; let us observe that this system is equipped with long pipes, then why not to benefit from this possibility ? buy a standard pipe in the like this you have on the hoover and fix it on, using the means you can find (end of tube, plastic paste "fixeverything"... the length of the pipe is doubled and finished the problem to clean a room, to go up at the top of a rack or to make the cornices of the ceiling. One clean also all the car (I have one in the garage).